The Peter Lehmann VSV Ruediger Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 vintage was their earliest and one of the driest and quickest for many years. The weather remained warm to hot throughout but without any extended heat waves and the unusually small crop has produced highly coloured, richly structured red wines destined for many years in the cellar- an outstanding red wine vintage.
Dudley Ruediger is a long-time friend and contemporary of Peter Lehmann. At the height of the vine pull scheme in the late 1980s, Dudley bucked convention and planted cabernet based on the encouragement of his mate PL. Well into his 80s, Dudley still tends the vines alongside son Trevor on one of the most significant vineyards of the “new” Barossa.
The Ruediger vineyard is particularly special as it covers the border of the Light Pass and Ebenezer sub-regions, providing two distinct characteristics of Barossa cabernet in a single vineyard wine.
Awards & Accolades
- Silver 2015 Royal Queensland Wine Show, Class 41 2013 Vintage
- Silver 2015 London International Wine Challenge 2013 Vintage
- Silver 2015 Sydney Royal Wine Show, Class 27 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2015 Barossa Wine Show, Class 13 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2015 London International Wine and Spirit Competition 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2014 National Canberra Wine Show, Class 20 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2014 Adelaide Wine Show, Class 24 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2014 Barossa Wine Show, Class 13 2013 Vintage