The Ashbrook Estate Chardonnay is 50% fermented and stored in new French barriques for 7-8 months. There is no lees stirring or malolactic fermentation, thus highlighting Margaret River’s attractive and intense primary fruit flavours and aromas which combine seamlessly with a backbone of quality oak.
Gleaming yellow-green; the winemaking approach has had the desired result of a wine that combines freshness with complexity and controlled generosity; the avours are very much in the white peach/nectarine spectrum, with some creamy cashew notes from the oak-matured portion; excellent overall balance.
Ashbrook Estate Chardonnay Awards:
- James Halliday’s Weekend Australian Top 100 1997 and 2007
- Gold Medal Margaret River Wine Show 2004, 2005
- Best Overall Wine Margaret River Wine Show 2004
- Australia’s Best Chardonnay (97 points) James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2006
- 94 points James Halliday (2012), (2011)
- Gold Medal Sakura Wine Awards 2014, Japan (2011)
- Double Gold Medal Sakura Wine Awards 2015, Japan (2012)
- 95 points James Halliday (2013)