The Ashbrook Estate Sauvignon Blanc has an unwooded style based around ripe rather than green fruit characters.
Australia’s pre-eminent wine authority and critic, James Halliday, has awarded Ashbrook Estate a ve red star rating, an accolade a orded to only Australia’s top 8% of wineries. He describes the meaning of his ve red star rating as “Outstanding winery regularly producing wines of exemplary quality and typicity. Will have at least two wines rated at 94 points or above, and have had a ve-star rating for the previous two years.”
Halliday says: “This estate is one of the quietest and highest achievers in Australia, maintaining excellent viticulture and fastidious winemaking.”
Established by the Devitt family in 1975, Ashbrook produced its rst commercial wine (Riesling) in 1979 and its 30th vintage in 2008. Only grapes handpicked and grown on the Estate are used and all processing, winemaking, bottling and packaging are closely controlled using the Estate’s own state of the art facilities.
Ashbrook Estate Sauvignon Blanc Awards:
- Runner up 2001 and 2004 Sheraton WA Wine Awards
- First place 2002 Sheraton WA Wine Awards
- James Halliday’s Weekend Australian Top 100 2005
- 95 points James Halliday (2008)
- 94 points James Halliday (2010)
- Ray Jordan’s Top 100, The West Australian (2012)
- 94 points James Halliday (2013)