The outstanding Peter Lehmann VSV Hearnden Shiraz from Eden Valley has produced a single vineyard, limited release Shiraz with a deep, vibrant colour and a bouquet of dark plums with just a hint of chocolate and aniseed.
The Peter Lehmann VSV Hearnden Shiraz palate is richly structured with a firm, lingering finish and rarely do you see a Shiraz of this intensity from the high hills of Eden Valley. It is a wine that can be enjoyed in its vibrant youth but will certainly repay careful cellaring over the next 5-10 years.
The 2013 vintage was our earliest and one of the driest and quickest for many years. The weather remained warm to hot throughout but without any extended heat waves and the unusually small crop has produced highly coloured, richly structured red wines destined for many years in the cellaran outstanding red wine vintage.
This is from a single vineyard owned by the Hearnden Family east of Mt. McKenzie in the Eden Valley of South Australia.
The wine was fermented on skins for 16 days and then aged in French oak hogsheads for 12 months prior to bottling.
Try it with steak and Guinness pie, Peking Duck or a good,strong Cheddar.
Awards & Accolades
- Gold 2015 Sydney Royal Wine Show, Class 34 2013 Vintage
- Silver 2015 London International Wine and Spirit Competition 2013 Vintage
- Silver 2015 Royal Queensland Wine Show, Class 37 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2015 London International Wine Challenge 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2012 London International Wine Challenge 2013 Vintage
- Bronze 2014 Barossa Wine Show, Class 9 2013 Vintage