Michelle Brut Rosé is a beautifully blush sparkling wine, with essences of berries in the nose and on the palate. The initial impression is dry with a soft and fruity aftertaste.
“The Michelle Brut Rosé is a beautiful blush sparkling wine, with impressions of berries in the nose and on the palate. The initial impression is dry, with a soft and fruity aftertaste.”
– Rick Casqueiro, Winemaker
- Each press cut undergoes primary fermentation that lasts roughly 2 – 3 weeks.
- The individual lots are kept separate until blending decisions have been made.
- Winemaker Rick Casqueiro samples approximately 110 lots of base wines and eventually selects the cuvée, based on aroma and acidity to create the assemblage.
- Méthode Champenoise: the assemblage is then bottled with a small amount of liqueur de tirage which triggers secondary fermentation.
- The sparkling wine is aged sur lie for up to 18 months.
- A sweet liquid dosage is added to the bottle balancing the delicate, naturalhigh fruit acids and viscosity, giving the wine its unique style.